Joint Journalism and Communication History Conference 2012 Conference Logistics
February 3, 2012 § Leave a Comment
Download these instructions as a printable pdf file: JJCHC 12 Conference Logistics
Date & Time
Saturday, March 10th, 8:30 am to 5 pm
John Jay College
Closest subway stop: 59th Street and Columbus Circle (A, B, C, D, 1 lines)
Parking Garage: On West 59th between 10th & 11th Avenues, across the street from John Jay’s West 59th entrance.
There are two main entrances you can use:
- The closest to the conference registration area is on West 59th Street between 10th & 11th Avenues, which leads into John Jay’s “new” building and the conference center. After passing through security, you’ll be able to see the Registration area, which will sit off to the far left in the atrium area. This is the suggested entrance on the day of the conference.
- The main entrance to John Jay is at 899 Tenth Avenue between West 58th & West 59th Avenues (across from Roosevelt Hospital). If you use this entrance, you will proceed through security and down an escalator. Then, walk straight ahead through the main building and into the new building (they are connected). You’ll pass through a red-painted lobby with 4 elevators before entering the atrium of the new building. The Registration area will be to your left as soon as you enter the atrium.
- Note: The security desk will have a list of conference participants. Please sign in when you arrive.
The Registration desk, located in the atrium near the conference center, will open at 8:30 am. The cost is $50 (includes breakfast and continental lunch), payable by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to Loyola University (include “Journalism Conference” in the memo).
If you plan to use Powerpoint or other visuals, you’ll need to put those files on a USB/flash drive. There are computers in all of the classrooms, but there are no laptop connection cords, so you will not be able to plug in your personal laptop. There will be Wi-fi available. Log-in information will be provided at the conference.
Nearby Hotels (Compiled from Hotels.com)
**Note: The conference does not have a deal with any particular hotel and none of the locations listed below are officially endorsed by the conference organizers. They are simply the hotels closest to the location. But keep in mind that, thanks to John Jay’s proximity to the 59th Street & Columbus Circle subway station, you can stay almost anywhere in Manhattan.
- Holiday Inn New York City – Midtown – 57th Street (0.14 miles to John Jay – about 2 blocks)
- 440 W 57th Street, New York, NY 10019
- Hudson, A Morgan’s Original Hotel (0.24 miles to John Jay)
- 356 W 58th Street, New York, NY 10019
- The Modern (0.47 miles to John Jay)
- 243 W 55th Street, New York, NY 10019
- 6 Columbus – A Thompson Hotel (0.5 miles to John Jay)
- 6 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10019
If you have any questions about conference logistics, please contact Lisa Burns (Lisa.Burns@quinnipiac.edu).